Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Monday, December 24, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Coconut Macaroons(Gluten free & Dairy free)
I fell in love with coconut 3 years ago because of its aroma, taste and health benefits. If this holiday season you would like to try and enjoy my coconut inspired recipes, I guarantee you will love them and you won't gain any extra pounds from this yummy dessert.
What you need:
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut ( I like Bob's red mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon pure stevia
- I try to make everything gluten & dairy-free, and avoid adding sugar & salt during winter.
- However, if you don't mind salt and sugar you can add the 2 items below.
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ cup agave nectar (you don't need stevia if you use agave nectar)
- In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites and salt until stiff (if you use salt)
- Fold in stevia, vanilla cinnamon powder and coconut
- Drop batter onto a Parchment paper lined baking sheet, one rounded tablespoonful at a time
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned
I hope you enjoy a simple but Delicious and Healthy recipe !
- Makes 48 macaroons