This week I would like to share one recipe of my weekly food prep.
The Pineapple juice in this Indian recipe is use to tenderize the meat, but it also gives the chicken a deliciously tangy sweetness.
- 225 g/ 8 oz pineapple chucks in juice (or use fresh pineapple but you need to work a little for juice)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp termeric
- 2 tbsp natural (plain) yogurt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 18 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Drain the canned pineapple into a bowl. Reserve twelve large chunks of pineapple. Squeeze the juice from the remaining chunks into the bowl, then discard the chunks. You should be left with about 4 fl oz/ 1/2 cup pineapple juice.
- In a large bowl, blend together ingredients number 1-9.Cut the chicken into cubes, add the spice mixture and leave to marinate for abut 1-11/2 hours.
- Cut the peppers and onion into chucks.
- Arrange the chicken pieces, vegetable and reserves pineapple chunks alternately on six skewers.
- Brush the kebabs with oil and cook on a medium barbecue for about 10 minutes, turning and basting the chicken pieces regularly with the marinade, until cooked through.
Serve with salad or (plain) brown rice.