Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

7 days meal plans in 3 hours, It's possible?

Grilled Eggplants Salad
Chickpea curry
It's not easy to prepare the meals for 7 days in 3 hours (for 2 people). But it's possible because I did it.

Read my previous blog " Food Preparation for Weight Loss and Fitness Success"   for  guideline.
Sometimes it might take 4-5 hours from grocery shopping to cleaning up, if I cook Thai food or the complicated dishes.



Last week I chose to do something simple and added the flavor with something I found from Trader joe's and it took me only 3 hours because I used the quick fix method.


Last Sunday September 30th. Meal Plan for 7 days.

  • Breakfast and Snack

  1. Oat + protein powder 3 serving
  2. Egg + bread + veg 3 serving
  3. Greek yogurt + fruits + chia seeds 4 serving
  4. Vanilla Shake 4 serving
  5. Mocha & chocolate shake 4 serving
  6. Ready protein drink with fruit (I don't need to prepare, I can grab and go anytime I need)









  • Lunch and Dinner

  1. Quinoa + Ahi  tuna + veg + pesto 3 serving
  2. Quinoa + Ahi tuna + veg + bruschetta 3 serving
  3. Papaya salad+ shrimps 2 serving
  4. Papaya salad + salmon 1 serving
  5. Chickpea curry + shrimps 2 serving
  6. Salmon + salad+ sweet potato 2 serving
  7. Grilled chicken + salad + sweet potato 2 serving













Note: Every week we have grilled chicken or roasted chicken and some yummy grilled vegetables. 
       : The serving above is only for me. 
       : I prepared lunch for my husband 3-4 days/ week and the food will be enough for his dinner  

Green Salad with Salmon

Quinoa with ahi tuna and vegetable 






















What did I do and where did I start?

  1. Marinaded chicken and eggplants, so they will be ready for my husband to grill in the next 2 hours.
  2. Cooked chickpea. I do not use chickpea from the can, I soak dry chickpeas overnight and cook for 1 hour or until tender. It's depend on the serving. 
  3. Cleaned sweet potato, Salmon and Ahi tuna. This step will be the prep for cooking in the oven. I added a little bit of water for sweet potato tray. For salmon and ahi tuna I used olive oil spray and rubbed them with dry mixed herb (no salt added). I also cooked the eggs in half bell pepper for breakfast. I put all of them in the oven with 350 'F. I checked the fish and egg in 15 minutes and left sweet potato for 25 minutes.
  4. Added quinoa in the rice cooker pot and leave it until it's ready. It took less than 15 minutes to be ready.
  5. Cleaned and cut all vegetables and fruits as plan. 
  6. By the time I finished with my vegetable and fruit prep. Fish in the oven 're ready as well as quinoa. I left them to cool down for 5-10 min. 
  7. I started measuring oat, protein powder for breakfast and snack. Finished my shake and put them in the freezer. 
  8. Then came back to dinner and Lunch. I measured all the food according to the plan. Now Most of my food ' re ready except chickpea curry and the grilled chicken meals.
  9. I cooked the curry chickpea last and I started to clean up and put everything away.
  10. Once my husband brought the yummy chicken and eggplant to the kitchen I measured them according to the plan. 
  11. I measure chickpea curry the last (no adding shrimp at this time but measuring them and put them separately)
  12. Final clean up and done. 
By the end of the week I didn't have 2 serving of my chickpea curry and 1 serving of quinoa with ahi tuna, pesto and vegetables. I put them in the freezer for the next week. 

If you are my nutrition client and you want to get my recipes or you want me to add to your meal plan. Please do not hesitate to ask me .

1 comment: