This recipe uses ingredients found in the Languedoc area of France.
where cooking over hot embers is a way of life.
4 tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
3 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup lightly crushed fresh basil leaves
2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly
4 chicken quarters (or chicken breast)
salad green to serve
1. Combine the yogurt, tomato paste, olive oil, basil leaves, and garlic in a small bowl and stir well to mix
2. Put the marinade into a dish large enough to hold the chicken quarters in a single layer. Add the chicken quarters. Make sure that the chicken pieces are thoroughly coated in the marinade .
3. Leave the marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove and leave covered at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Place the chicken over a medium-hot barbecue grill and cook for 30-40 minutes, turning frequently, until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the chicken is pierced with a skewer.
5. Serve hot with a green salad. (It's also delicious eaten cold)