Balance dessert Brownie (GUILT-FREE)
The holidays are coming soon, starting from Thanksgiving going through the end of the year. This usually brings fun & joyous times with family and friend, with lots of good food and dessert. Most people gain more unwanted weight during holiday season than any other time of the year.
I have experimented making with many brownie recipes. The healthiest one does not taste so good; the high calorie, high fat and high carbohydrate ones always taste better.
Finally I came up with a good ratio of carbohydrate, protein and fat with even better taste than the unhealthy one.
Triya’s Guilt- Free Brownie
12 serving: 79 cal per serving
4 g carbohydrate, 3.75 g fat, 8.4 g protein
- ¾ cup egg beater
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp prune puree
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ¾ cup peanut flour (You can find at Trader’s Joe)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla exact
- 5 packs Truvia (You can use any sweetener but I like Truvia)
- A scoop of casein protein powder (if you don’t have it or you don’t want to use it, it’s ok. Protein content above (- 2)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 8 * 8 inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, stir all liquid ingredients together, beat well
- Another medium bowl, add all dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquid bowl and stir well
- At this point, if you want, you can add nuts and chocolate chips to the batter
- Spread batter into greased pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until brownies begin to "pull away" from the pan. You can check after 15 minutes with toothpick, if toothpick comes out clean, so it’s ready.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Cut brownies into 12 serving squares.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk.